Lately I’ve been having a lot of fun making recipes “SCD Legal.” With a few easy changes, this fresh, summer salad was a hit!
Bacon and Spinach Salad (SCD)
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 5 cups spinach, loosely packed
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh basil (or 2 teaspoon dried basil)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Mix dressing ingredients together then toss in salad ingredients.
Make it a main dish by adding seasoned, cooked, and cubed chicken.